I used to spend so much time and energy searching for the perfect burger, whilst it was in front me the whole time! After I’d first made this recipe, all I could repeat the whole time was “I can’t believe how good this is and… I made it!“. So, please meet the burger that will make other burgers jealous. Topped with golden melted cheese in a burger bun, served alongside chunky potato wedges and slaw, I promise this recipe will take your burger game up a whole new level.
- 240 grams Mince Beef
- 1 pack of Potato
- 25 grams Panko Breadcrumbs
- Cheddar Cheese
- 2 pieces of Burger Buns
- 1 pack of Coleslaw mix
- Preheat your oven to 220°C. Chop the potatoes into 2cm wide wedges (no need to peel!) and pop them on a baking tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt. Toss together, then spread out in a single layer and roast on the top shelf of your oven until golden and cooked through, 25-30 mins. Turn halfway through cooking.
- Meanwhile, pop the beef mince into a mixing bowl with the ketchup and panko breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper. Mix together with your hands until completely combined, then squeeze and shape into burger patties (one per person) about 2cm thick. Tip: Make the burgers flatter than you want as they will fatten up and shrink as you cook them.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add the burgers and lower the heat to medium. Cook until browned on the outside and cooked through, turning carefully once or twice. This should take 12-14 mins in total. The burgers are cooked when they are no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, grate the cheddar. Put the coleslaw mix in a bowl with the mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper, mix well to combine. Taste and season with more salt and pepper if needed.
- Once the burgers are cooked, distribute the grated cheddar evenly over the tops of the burgers. Cover your pan with a lid or some foil, remove from the heat and leave to the side to melt the cheese, 5 mins. Meanwhile, halve the burger buns and put them on the middle shelf of your oven to warm for 3-4 mins.
- Top each bun base with a burger and the bun top. Serve with the wedges and slaw.
Source: HelloFresh UK