Sticky, zesty and rich in flavour, this hoisin sticky baked chicken thighs are just the thing when you’re after a no-frills dinner but still want maximum satisfaction. Simply pop in the ingredients in a roasting tray for the ultimate time-saving recipe.
- 1 garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1/2 broccoli
- 30 ml Hoisin sauce
- 25 ml Soy Sauce
- 4 pieces of chicken thighs
- 150 grams Jasmine rice
- sesame seeds
- Heat your oven to 200℃. Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press). Halve, peel and chop the red onion into 8 wedges. Chop the broccoli into florets (like small trees!) halving any larger ones. In a small bowl mix the hoisin sauce with the soy sauce and garlic.
- Pop the chicken, red onion and half the hoisin mixture into a high sided roasting tin with a drizzle of oil. Mix well to make sure everything is coated. IMPORTANT: Wash your hands after handling raw meat. Roast for 30 mins on the middle shelf of your oven.
- our the water for the rice (see ingredients for amount) into a saucepan and bring to the boil. When boiling, add a pinch of salt, stir in the rice, lower the heat to medium and pop a lid on the pan. Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove the pan from the heat (still covered) and leave to the side for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Once the chicken has been cooking for 15 mins, add the broccoli florets to the roasting tin and mix them into the chicken and onions. Return to the oven until the broccoli is just tender and slightly browned on the edges and the chicken is cooked through, 10-15 mins. IMPORTANT: The chicken is cooked when it is no longer pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the sesame seeds (no oil) and toast until golden, stirring regularly, 2-3 mins. Remove from the pan and set aside. Whilst the chicken and broccoli cooks, have a quick tidy up. Add the remaining sauce mixture to the frying pan and simmer for 1 min, until thickened slightly.
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and divide between plates. Serve with the chicken, onion and broccoli on top, pouring over any juices from the roasting tin. Reheat the sauce if needed then spoon over the sauce and scatter over the toasted sesame seeds.