Sweet, tangy and rich with umami flavour, this HelloFresh teriyaki beef mince is perfect if you’re looking for a quick, uncomplicated recipe for dinner. Served with fragrant jasmine rice and a fresh cucumber salad.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 ginger
- 1 spring onion
- 1/2 cucumber
- 150 grams Jasmin Rice (add 300 ml water for cooking the rice)
- Sesame seeds
- 50 grams Ketjap Manis
- 25 ml Soy Sauce
- 15 grams/ml Honey
- 15 ml Rice Vinegar
- 12 ml Sesame Oil
- 240 grams Mince Beef
- Peel and grate the garlic (or use a garlic press) as well as the ginger. Trim the spring onions then slice thinly. Trim the cucumber then quarter lengthways. Chop widthways into small pieces.
- Pour 300 ml water for the rice into a saucepan and bring to boil. When boiling, add 0.25 tsp of salt, stir in the rice, lower the heat to medium and pop a lid on the pan. Leave to cook for 10 mins, then remove the pan from the heat (still covered) and leave to the side for another 10 mins or until ready to serve (the rice will continue to cook in its own steam).
- Heat a wide frying pan over medium heat and add the sesame seeds (you don’t need to add oil). Cook until golder, stirring regularly for about 2-3 mins. TIP: Watch them like a hawk as they burn easily. Transfer to a small bowl but keep the same pan. In another small bowl, combine the ketjap manis, soy sauce, honey and rice vinegar with the ginger and garlic.
- Heat half the sesame oil in the frying pan on high heat. Once hot, add the beef mince and stir-fry until browned all over for about 4-5 mins. Drain off any excess fat. Add the sauce mixture with a splash of water and half the spring onion. Cook until thickened slightly, 1-2 mins. Add another splash of water if you think it’s too dry.
- While the beef cooks, pop the cucumber in a bowl with the remaining sesame oil and half the toasted sesame seeds. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Divide the rice between bowls and top with the beef. Scatter over the remaining spring onion and sesame seeds and serve with the cucumber.
Source: HelloFresh UK