Everyone who knows me well enough knows that I love pasta. This delicious Rigatoni was prepared by HelloFresh, my go to recipe buddy. Chef Lizzie, who introduced the meal on the website originally has kept things light and fresh using ingredients like juicy prawns, parsley, courgette and lemon for a dish that surely won’t disappoint.
- 200 grams Wheat Rigatoni Pasta
- 150 grams Reduced Fat Creme Fraiche
- Half a lemon
- 1 Courgette
- 1 Bunch of Parsley
- 8 grams vegetable stock powder
- 150 grams King Prawns
- Boil your kettle and pour the water into a large saucepan on high heat. Add 1/2 tsp of salt. When boiling, stir in the rigatoni and cook for 12 mins. Drain in a colander, pop back in the pan, drizzle with a little oil and stir through to stop it sticking together. Leave to the side.
- Meanwhile, trim the courgette, halve lengthways and slice into 1cm half moons. Roughly chop the parsley, then zest and halve the lemon.
- Heat a large frying pan on high heat (no oil) and add the courgette. Cook, until starting to brown, for about 3-4 mins on each side.
- Once the courgettes are browned, reduce the heat and add the creme fraiche, vegetable stock powder and half the parsley to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Stir together, bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened slightly, 3-4 mins.
- Stir the prawns into the sauce and continue to simmer until the prawns are cooked through, 4-5 mins. IMPORTANT: The prawns are cooked when pink on the outside and opaque in the middle. Add a splash of water if the sauce is a bit thick. Meanwhile, mix together the lemon zest and remaining parsley in a small bowl.
- Toss the drained pasta into the sauce. Add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then serve in bowls topped with the lemon zest and parsley mix.
Source: HelloFresh UK